Built in 1683, New Castles, Delaware's David Finney Inn began as a law office for David Finney, lawyer and soldier. The building was connected by a secret underground tunnel to the nearby Amstel House Museum built by his father John Finney's to serve as his personal home. David Finney not only practiced law but also educated new attorneys. One of his most famous students was his cousin Thomas McKean, a future signer of the Declaration of Independence.
In 1794, Judge James Booth Sr. purchased the building and expanded it. He lived on the property until 1825. Then, it was converted in to a boarding house before transforming in to the Hotel Louise in 1895. It continued to go through architecture transitions before becoming a bed and breakfast known as the David Finney Inn which has since closed its doors.
The inn may not be welcoming new guests but one could still be occupying the rooms. One resident spirit (identity unknown) prefers hanging out on the third floor. It opens and closes doors and windows even if they have been locked. The ghost is also known to move objects. Thanks to the tunnel, this spirit likes to venture to the nearby Amstel House Museum which experiences the same type paranormal phenomena on their third floor.
Dinner and Spirits