Did Ya Know Friday
If your birthday is in September like mine then your birthstone is Sapphire. Did ya know the gem was used for healing and magic? Here are a few facts about the uses of Sapphires:
- Sapphire is love's guardian. It is used to promote fidelity. It can also be used to promote chastity.
- Because sapphire promotes peace, truth, and serenity, it's worn during meditation.
- Sapphire is thought to banish fraud, and is used in litigation and legal matters.
- When you have a fever or a nosebleed, sapphire is placed on the forehead to lessen the fever or nosebleed.
- Sapphire was important to wizards and seers who used it to help interpret vision and prophesy.
- The most important attribute of Sapphire was said to be that of protection against sorcery. It was thought to banish evil spirits and frighten devils. It would turn evil sorcery and negative spells back against the sender, provide advance warning of hidden dangers, and free the mind of the enchanted.
- The Sapphire is also used to enhance the influences of Venus and and banish evil thoughts.
- Sapphire is believed to offer healing properties for rheumatism, colic, and mental illness. It also lowers inflammation, hearing problems, cancer and burns.
- It is considered an antidepressant and an aid to psychokinesis, telepathy, clairvoyance and astral projection.
"A maiden born when autumn leaves
Are rustling in September's breeze,
A Sapphire on her brow should bind;
To bring her joy and peace of mind."