Ghost Show Cleared of Deception

Viewers complained that the Living TV show, featuring "psychic" Derek Acorah, deceived the public by claiming to find evidence of paranormal activity.

But Ofcom ruled that Most Haunted was an entertainment show, not a legitimate investigation into the paranormal, and should not be taken seriously. - Courtesy of BBC News.

I'm sorry, but I feel bad for anyone who actually took this show seriously. I admit I'm not an avid Most Haunted watcher but I have seen several episodes and I watched all four parts of Most Haunted Live (as well as watched a few webcams). It was pretty obvious that this show was more about entertainment value than actually conducting a scientific investigation.

It takes a show like this to develop a lot of gullible people. I think some people can be easily deceived. Concerning the paranormal especially ghosts, you shouldn't accept any little evidence as truth. If you take a picture and something a little odd appears on it, don't just accept it to be something paranormal like an orb or a vortex. That could easily be explained. It could be a dust particle or a strand of hair that fell on to the camera lens as the picture was being taken.

As much as I didn't care for Most Haunted, I was never a fan of Derek Acorah. I think it's just too hard to prove a medium legit. I'm not saying that there aren't any but they can easily fool someone that is if that person is desperate enough to believe. I guess it's pretty obvious what I'm trying to say. Most Haunted is nothing but an entertainment show and I'm glad someone finally called it on its bullshit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lorelei Inn

Black Aggie

Reminder Sunday