Since today is Friday the 13th, I figure why not do a special edition of Ghostly Thirteen. This meme is based on the same concept of Thursday Thirteen except your lists have to be paranormal related.
Those who believe on this day that something bad will befall on them more likely will manifest an event of that type. Therefore, if you believe you will have bad lucky today then you will. But have you ever thought about how the number 13 affects our culture past and present.
Below are 13 facts about the number 13:
1. There are 13 months in the pagan lunar calendar.
2. More than 80 percent of high-rises lack a 13th floor.
3. Many airports skip the 13th gate.
4. Airplanes have no 13th aisle.
5. Hospitals and hotels regularly have no room number 13.
6. Italians omit the number 13 from their national lottery.
7. On streets in Florence, Italy, the house between number 12 and 14 is addressed as 12 and a half.
8. Many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue
9. In France, socialites known as the quatorziens (fourteeners) once made themselves available as 14th guests to keep a dinner party from an unlucky fate.
10. Many triskaidekaphobes, as those who fear the unlucky integer are known, point to the ill-fated mission to the moon, Apollo 13 which left the launch pad at 13:13 hours and was aborted on April 13.
11. In British tradition, Friday was the conventional day for public hangings, and there were supposedly 13 steps leading up to the noose.
12. There were 13 people present at The Last Supper (Jesus and the 12 Apostles).
13. Alfred Hitchcock was haunted by the number 13 which is why he incorporated it in some way in many of his movies. He would have turned 100 on April 13th, 1999 which happened to be a Friday.
Sources: The State News and Corsinet