In the past few weeks, this little blog has been bestowed two awards:
First up is the Beautiful Blogger Award. I was given this one once before, but this time I have Courtney from Haunt Jaunts to thank for it. The rules for this one are the same as before:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
7 Things About My Horror/Paranormal Side
1. My interest in horror began when I was a kid watching a Halloween movie marathon on Halloween
2. While most horror writers may have discovered Bram Stoker or Stephen King first, R.L. Stine's Fear Street series popped my genre cherry. I still own a few of them.
3. I began Ghost Stories after watching various paranormal related specials on the Travel Channel. I translated my interest in to research and BOOM! A blog is born.
4. I've been writing since the 4th grade. However, horror didn't become my #1 genre until about six years ago.
5. A lot of those interested in the paranormal become investigators. I prefer research. I like learning the history of locations as well as why they are considered haunted while others with similar pasts are not.
6. The first horror short story I had published was "Blood Diary" in an issue of Runes Ezine, a fledgling market owned by a writer friend that has since shut down.
7. I know UFOs are as much of a hot topic as are hauntings but I can never muster up the same enthusiasm for it. Not sure why.
The next award passed to me from Jessica at Ghost Stories and Haunted Places. This award comes with a few questions to answer:
1. What is the one place in the world you feel at peace at? Hmm...I would have to say in the country. Not too far away from civilization but far enough to enjoy peace and quiet.
2. What is your favorite haunted location or attraction? There's really too many to choose from; The Snowball Mansion, Houska Castle, Waverly Hills...just to name a few.
3. Zombies, Vampires, or Ghosts? Which are your favorite and why? I guess I would have to say ghosts. Something about eating body parts and drinking blood just doesn't seem right.
4. What is your favorite kind of food? Catfish
5. Where did you grow up? Small town in Texas
6. What is your most interesting reoccuring dream? It would have to be the Jurassic Park dream. Have it everytime I watch the movies. It's basically the last part of The Lost World except dinosaurs are roaming everywhere not just in California.
7. What inspired you to start blogging? TV. It's evil you know.
8. Is life beautiful? It has it's moments.
The following are my questions for the recipients of this award:
1. If you could visit any haunted location, what would it be and why?
2. What's your favorite Halloween treat?
3. What do you love most about blogging?
4. How old were you when the paranormal entered your life?
5. Who do you admire the most?
6. What is one thing you want to change about your past?
7. Favorite music?
8. Is life beautiful?
Bloggers I'm passing both awards to: Above The Norm, 2 Witches Blog, Sue St. Clair and Matthew Didier's Paranormal Blog, Ghost Hunting Theories, Season of Shadows Blog, Unexplained Mysteries, The Debris Field, Doctor Fong's House of Mysteries, Encounters With The Unexplained, Horror Blogger Alliance, daily piglet