I know I haven't posted much lately. I planned on writing something yesterday but it was a very bad day. My step-grandfather died from respiratory failure. It was quite unexpected. I didn't really know him. Never had a chance to meet him. All I know is what I've been told and what I've been told weren't so nice. Whether you like your parent(s) or not, it still hurts to some degree when they die.

If that wasn't bad enough, we had two severe thunderstorms pass through. The last one left as quickly as it came but it still left its mark. A somewhat large tree in our front yard was blown completely over. It missed our house by a few feet. No one was hurt except for our picnic table or rather the umbrella. It took my mom forever to find one large and cheap enough for it. Now, she'll have to find another one.

I've always been deathly afraid of tornadoes, not so much now since we moved into a house and have a storm cellar. Obviously, there's a real reason to fear them especially if you live in Tornado Alley like I do. I look at that tree and realize that while tornadoes are bad, thunderstorms can be damaging as well. It'll be weird to not see that tree anymore. To not see the bird feeder the squirrels often ate out of in its rightful place. But yet I'm glad it did less harm than good.

Some of my worries should have subsided when the storms past, but yet they haven't. While there aren't any storms foreseen for tomorrow except for the possibility of a few isolated showers, they have predicted winds up to 40 mph. I fear tree limbs or even trees may be hanging on by a thread thanks to the storms from the previous night. I'm hoping if that is true the wind will blow it in a direction away from the house. My mother and step-father are busy with funeral arrangements and tending to my step-grandmother's needs. A tree falling on the house is the least of what any of us need right now. I know some believe that God never gives us more than we can handle, but can you blame me for having doubts?

Finally, my worries extend to my sister. She was scheduled to have surgery on her foot yesterday. She lives in Missouri with her husband and two kids. Eastern Oklahoma wasn't the only ones having bad weather. From what I understand, some of the tornadoes reported were in Missouri. I haven't heard anything about how the surgery went or their bad weather. I'm praying everything went alright.

I'm not sure when the next time I'll be able to write. If I get a chance to, further updates will be posted on Southern Expressions. Before I go, I want to remind everyone that tomorrow is the last day to vote in the Blogger Choice Awards. It seems that if you were nominated this year then you are automatically put on next years nomination list, the voting starting as this year's ends. I want to thank everyone who voted for Ghost Stories. These things are usually popularity contests and I never guessed how popular this blog has become. Thank you again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lorelei Inn

Black Aggie

Reminder Sunday