Ghostly Thirteen was inspired by the Thursday Thirteen meme. You list thirteen paranormal-related things for example your top 13 posts (if you have a paranormal blog), mythical creatures, gods, haunted houses, etc...
My Theme – Haunted Roads Worldwide
1. Tuen Mun Road – road in Hong Kong. It has seen its fair share of accidents some due to ghosts popping up out of nowhere causing drivers to lose control of their cars. Legends go back hundreds of years.
2. Bloodspoint Road – there are several intersecting roads in Boone County, Illinois including Wheeler, Flora Church, Pearl, Poole, Sweeney, Cherry Valley, Stone Quarry, Fairdale, Irene and, of course, Bloodspoint. These roads have seen murders, suicide, a rape, hangings, a train derailing, children who died as a result of a bus going off a bridge and stories of witch. There are even stories of a phantom farmhouse where hangings allegedly took place, a black phantom truck and demonic dog.
3. Kelly Road – there is a one-mile section of this road in Ohioville, Pennsylvania with numerous reports of paranormal activity. No one is for certain the cause, though some believe responsibility lies with past cult activity and/or curses, but animals suddenly turn violent and white apparitions and voices can be seen and heard here.
4. Stocksbridge By-Pass – built in 1989, this road was part of the M67 motorway in England but is now a single carriageway. Children in period clothing have been seen and heard. The apparition of a monk has also been seen here. Some say the ghost children are linked to the many pit shafts where they may have fell in. The monk may have been apart of Hunshelf Priory and was disillusioned.
5. Clinton Road – There is a ten-mile curvy road in the woods of West Milford, New Jersey plagued with the sense of isolation. This was the chosen place of a serial killer for his dumping grounds. There are reports of being followed, watched and a red-eyed hound from Hell. There are also reports of a phantom truck that chases you off the road.
6. State Road 15 – legends states if you drive north on this Hibernia, New Jersey road you will come across a house on the left pass the toll road. If you wait long enough, the apparition of the former owner will part the curtains and wave at you.
7. Highway 12 West – in Fredrica, Delaware there is a legend of a man who murdered his landlord, grounded him in to cornmeal and fed him to his dog. Now, eyewitnesses have reported seeing a phantom dog with glowing red eyes along the side of the road at night.
8. M6 – the longest road in the UK and perhaps the most haunted. There have been unusual sightings of a phantom truck driving in the wrong direction, Roman soldiers walking on the road and an upset woman hitchhiking.
9. Shades of Death Road – numerous murders, accidents and strange happenings have occurred on this New Jersey road. People have been killed by wildcats. Mutilated corpses have been found. Spirits of the Lenni-Lenape tribe attacked by the Iroquois Indians are believed to haunt this road.
10. A75 Kinmont Straight – for over fifty years, this South West Scottish road has been the location for numerous hauntings. So many it has earned the nickname “the Ghost Road”. One witness claimed to have seen a couple walk in front of his truck and vanished as he “struck” them. Years later, two brothers saw a hen fly straight at their windshield and vanished before impact. Then, seconds later, a woman running towards them followed by a man shouting and a variety of animals. The moment they stopped their car it began to mysteriously shake violently.
11. Mona Lisa Drive – in New Orleans, there once stood a statue of a philanthropist’s daughter named Mona. Careless teenagers destroyed it and ever since, a sad Mona has been seen floating silently next to cars, scratching the glass and disappearing.
12. Salem Church Road – in the 1900s, a family of six was hung due to accusations of witchcraft. Now, they are seen walking along this highways in Newark, Delaware. searching for the descendants of their accusers.
13. US HWY 20 – between the hours of midnight and 5 am, a Lady in White has been known to appear, wearing a wedding dress. When people attempt to pick her up, she disappears. Might be a good idea to stay away Brushy Prairie, Indiana during the holidays.